In Spring 2021 Wokingham Borough Council delivered 2, 60 litre recycling bags to every household to keep the recycling material dry. These recycling bags are replacing the open recycling boxes to help us achieve our recycling rate of 70 percent by 2030.
As this is a new scheme, we are anticipating an initial high demand for additional recycling bags so collect in person wherever possible. Only place an order for delivery if you cannot collect or have no one to collect on your behalf. A maximum order of 2 per household. We will add additional hubs as other sites open up. The collection hubs are:
- Wokingham Borough Council, Shute End, Wokingham RG40 1BN Monday to Friday 9am to 2.30pm
- Woodley Library, Headley Road, Woodley RG5 4JA (Monday and Wednesday 9am to 1pm) (Thursday 1pm to 5pm) and (Saturday 9.30am to 1pm)
- Lower Earley Library, Chalfont Close, Lower Earley, RG6 5HZ (Monday and Thursday 9.30am to 1.30pm) (Tuesday 1pm to 5pm) and (Saturday 9.30am to 1pm)
- Wokingham Library, Denmark Street, Wokingham RG40 2BB (Tuesday 1pm to 5pm) (Wednesday and Friday 9.30am to 1.30pm) and (Saturday 9.30am to 1pm)
- Earley Town Council, Help Shop, Radstock Lane, Earley, RG6 5UL (Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm and 2pm to 4.30pm)
Order more or replacement recycling bags here.