The Council reserves part of its annual budget for grants to organisations that make a significant contribution to the local community.
There is only a limited amount of money available in total and there are many deserving causes, so the Council is not able to contribute to them all. All requests are assessed on an individual basis against some guidelines:
grants are only given to organisations operating within Winnersh or which can demonstrate that their activities are of direct benefit to Winnersh or to residents of Winnersh – any applications for donations must make clear how this criteria is met
- grants must conform to statutory Local Government rules
- commercial organisations are not eligible to receive grants
- in general, specific projects are considered more favourably than contributions to general running costs
Winnersh Parish Council’s Grants Policy and Application Form
Contact the Parish Clerk for more information.
Grants Awarded Recently
Organisations that the Council has been able to help recently include:
- Bearwood Primary School
- Berkshire County Blind Society
- Berkshire MS Therapy Centre
- Keep Mobile
- Winnersh Fuel Allotment Trust
- Wokingham Citizen’s Advice Bureau (CAB)
- Wokingham & District Association for the Elderly (WADE)
- Wokingham Job Support Centre
- Winnersh Parish Churches
- Winnersh Primary School
- Winnersh Rainbows & Brownies
- Wokingham Volunteer Centre
Donations have also been made to young people to help them pursue sports activities through the Wokingham Borough Council Sports Grants scheme.