The latest round of the Household Support Fund is now open for applications. This is open to those struggling with rising costs of living, struggling to buy food or pay bills, as well as people in receipt of benefits. Our partners can provide £120 in the form of food, fuel or cash vouchers.
Pupils getting means-tested free school meals can get £15 per week, per eligible child, during school holidays. This applies for half terms, Christmas and Easter holidays. Apply through First Days Children’s Charity.
Cost of living help hub
Visit the Hardship Alliance’s cost of living help hub for the latest advice for you and your family. This week we focus on getting help with food or keeping your house warm.
• Free school meals are available for families who get some income-based support
• Healthy Start vouchers to help pay for milk, fruit and veg
• You can get a referral to a local fuel or food bank via Citizens Advice One Front Door
• See if you’re eligible for the Warm Home Discount – money off your electricity bill
• Remember you could claim the Cold Weather Payment if you get certain support and the average temperature is recorded as forecast to be zero degrees Celsius or below for seven days in a row (applies from 1 November to 31 March)
Older family members
If you’ve got older family members they may be entitled to:
• Pension credit if they’re 66 or older
• The Winter Fuel Payment if they were born before 25 September 1956, to help heating bills